Do you need more space in your kitchen but don’t want to move? Your solution may be a simple kitchen extension.
A well-planned extension will increase the amount of usable space in your home while not compromising on any of the features that make it feel like home.
To ensure success, consider these 7 elements of a successful kitchen extension:
- The Layout – When planning your new kitchen, it’s important to consider all the requirements and features that you’ll need. In order for an efficient design process, start by understanding what type of space (large or small) will work best with regards to available real estate in terms of refrigerator-size; how many feet up from ground level can be allocated towards cabinets/storage
- The Budget – It’s important to have a realistic budget in mind before starting your kitchen extension project – this will help to determine the materials and appliances that can be used, as well as the overall design.
Kitchen extensions can be a cost-effective way to add space and make your kitchen more functional. Planning for the project will help you get started, but there are other factors that must be considered before starting work – including building regulations which may vary from the region (or even town) depending on who issues permits and what their policies are about this type of addition in residential properties.
- The Design – Once you have your budget and plan in place, it’s time to start designing. There are a number of sites that can be used for inspiration when it comes to kitchen extensions, from builders’ websites that provide case studies of prior work – this will give you an idea about the types of designs they’ve been able to complete successfully. The first step in any project is to create a budget, plan and design. To get inspiration for your own designs look at websites of builders who have done work with similar budgets or those featuring case studies on their past accomplishments!
- The Planning – If you’re doing the work yourself, it’s important to submit detailed plans to your local planning authority. They will then check that the proposed extension doesn’t contravene any of the building regulations in your area. Even if you’re hiring a builder, it’s still advisable to have detailed plans drawn up so that everyone is on the same page. In order to avoid any complications with local planning authorities, you should submit detailed plans beforehand and make sure your builder is in agreement. Make certain that they are aware of all regulations before starting construction or else it could lead up to costly delays down the line.
- Building Permits – It is important to have detailed plans drawn up before starting construction. It will avoid any complications with local planning authorities and ensure your builder knows what he’s getting himself into so that you don’t end up in a difficult position down the line when it comes time for finishing touches on top of paint or landscaping projects.
The more information each party has going forward (you as a homeowner, us builders), makes everything run smoother!
- Contractors – Once you’ve planned out your project and reviewed all of the options, it’s time to choose which contractors will be involved. Depending on what specifications need doing for that particular space can determine whether one or more are needed – though if hiring someone like builders with experience working in extensions then this shouldn’t pose much of a problem.
- Personalised Service – When looking for a contractor to do extensions, it’s important that you think about what kind of experience and value is required. For example, if your project involves building a kitchen or renovating larger areas like the entire house then a friend who has used this particular builder before will be able to offer some insights into their work quality as well as reliability in order to get an idea on whether they can help with any future projects.
If you want to add more space to your home without the hassle of moving, consider a kitchen extension.
We know that every client is unique and we’re committed to giving each one personalised service from start to finish. Contact us today if you need help planning or building your next project!